This straightforward hen enchilada casserole recipe is a brilliant easy dinner the entire household will love. This scrumptious recipe is stuffed with Mexican-inspired flavors with enchilada chewy goodness and a little bit crunch with the proper quantity of spicy warmth.
Finest Hen Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Spicy hen combined with cream cheese, beans, veggies, and mushy tortillas together with your favorites like bitter cream, guacamole, and cilantro. Yummy!
Who does not love stew?! Casserole recipes present a fast and simple meal you could assemble forward of time or simply assemble on a busy night time if you’re making ready meals all through the week.
Associated: Tips on how to prepare dinner marinated hen in a deep fryer
That is one in every of my favourite enchilada recipes. Straightforward hen enchiladas are nice and a good way to worth leftover hen. That is a straightforward recipe and a household favourite.
This text incorporates affiliate hyperlinks.
This Hen Enchilada Recipe:
- 6-8 individuals
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: half-hour
Substances – Hen Enchilada Casserole
- bitter cream
- contemporary coriander
Directions – Hen Enchilada Casserole
The very first thing it’s essential do is preheat the oven to 350 levels F.
Begin by flippantly spraying 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray, put aside.
Subsequent, combine the enchilada sauce and salsa in a big bowl.
Put aside 1 cup of the sauce combination.
Then evenly unfold about ½ cup of sauce on the underside of the baking dish.
Drain and rinse the black beans, drain the kidney beans and corn, stir the sauce.
Then combine it with the hen.
Reduce the bread and place it on the underside of the ready baking dish.
Subsequent, coat one-third of the meat combination.
Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the meat combination.
Subsequent, repeat with one other layer of tortilla, meat combination, after which 1 cup of cheese.
Add remaining bread and remaining ½ cup sauce combination, then extra cheese.
Then flippantly spray a chunk of foil to forestall the cheese from sticking and canopy the baking sheet.
Cook dinner lined for 20 minutes.
Uncover and bake for one more 5-10 minutes or till bubbly and cheese melts.
Take away from oven and let stand for five minutes earlier than serving.
Serve together with your favourite sauces.
- Floor beef can be utilized as an alternative of hen. Brown the minced meat on the range till it’s now not pink.
- Beans – You should use any bean you need.
- No time to gradual prepare dinner hen? Rotisserie hen additionally works and is moist.
- Want some warmth? Inexperienced chili works nice right here.
- I like so as to add some spice to my combine like chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Tips on how to Make Gluten-Free Enchilada Casserole
It is simple to show this enchilada casserole right into a gluten-free recipe!
Use gluten-free flour tortillas as an alternative of conventional flour tortillas (Mission makes scrumptious gluten-free tortillas!).
Then double-check that the remainder of your packaged substances are gluten-free.
What to Serve with a Hen Enchilada Casserole
Each time I make enchiladas or tacos, I like to serve yummy bean and rice dishes on the aspect! Why should not I’ve one thing higher, proper?!
- This Tex-Mex black bean and corn salad The right aspect for hen enchilada casserole! Simply add some guacamole and a pinch of contemporary lemon or lime juice – YUM!
- Talking of guac, right here it’s BEST guacamole recipe, continuous! It is tremendous straightforward to make and tastes even higher when it is do-it-yourself!
- I additionally prefer to make a giant pot Mexican Rice, extra! It mixes superbly with a black bean and corn salad.
Tips on how to Retailer Your Enchilada Casserole
Are there any leftover enchiladas? You possibly can retailer the remaining sauce in an hermetic container or freeze it.
Enchiladas must be eaten inside the subsequent few days. You possibly can wrap it in aluminum foil or place it over your casserole dish or place it in an hermetic container.
3 cups boiled and shredded hen
1 can (19 oz) purple enchilada sauce, gentle or sizzling
1 cup salsa, gentle or sizzling
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of kidney beans ** see notes
12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, lower to suit on a baking sheet
1 can (15.25 oz) corn or 2 cups frozen corn, drained
3 cups shredded Mexican cheese combine
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Evenly spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray and put aside.
- Combine enchilada sauce and salsa in a big bowl.
- Put aside 1 cup of the sauce combination.
- Unfold about ½ cup of sauce evenly on the underside of the baking tray.
- Drain and rinse the black beans, drain the kidney beans and corn, stir the sauce.
- Combine the hen.
- Reduce the bread and place it on the underside of the ready baking dish.
- Cowl with one-third of the meat combination.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the meat combination.
- Repeat with one other layer of tortilla, meat combination, after which 1 cup of cheese.
- Add remaining bread and remaining ½ cup sauce combination, then extra cheese.
- Evenly spray a chunk of foil to forestall the cheese from sticking and canopy the baking sheet.
- Cook dinner lined for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for one more 5-10 minutes or till bubbly and cheese melts.
- Take away from oven and let stand for five minutes earlier than serving.
- Serve together with your favourite sauces.
Extra Scrumptious Hen Recipes and Straightforward Dinners
If in case you have the best recipe, hen is a type of meals that even the pickiest eaters will eat! Listed here are a few of our favourite hen recipes:
What’s your favourite sauce for hen enchiladas? Remark beneath!
#Tremendous #Yummy #Straightforward #Hen #Enchilada #Casserole #Recipe