Make a straightforward macrame plant hanger for potted vegetation in your patio. Comply with this straightforward step-by-step tutorial to get you began with easy knots, make this the right macrame plant hanger newcomers undertaking! Older children and adults can use this macrame sample and switch the wire bands right into a cute and easy macrame plant hanger.
The way to Make Macrame Plant Hanger?
Making a macrame plant holder is a superb approach to embellish your bought black and inexperienced pot hanging vegetation. Do not be intimidated. Making this macrame plant hanger is a extremely good first macrame undertaking that makes use of fundamental macrame knots. And the great thing about macrame is you can make it the right dimension on your plant and likewise on your porch.
This text accommodates affiliate hyperlinks.
Required Supplies for Macrame Plant Hanger Venture
The way to measure your macrame plant holder
Earlier than you begin it’s essential to calculate how tall you need your plant holder to be. As you may see from the picture under, we bought hanging ferns for our entrance porch. The hanger that got here with them set them too excessive and so they rub in opposition to the porch roof, so I wished them to hold decrease to fill in a few of that open house.
One other factor to contemplate is how massive your plant is. A fern is kind of bushy with a medium sized plant pot, so maintain the design easy, ideally within the vine part and under the planter.
That is why we went with a plain macrame basket. You can also make them in several sizes in line with what we have finished under.
Making Macrame Plant Holder
Step 1 – Lower Your Cables
If you happen to plan to make your plant hanger the identical size as ours, reduce your wire to those lengths.
- 6pcs lanyard x 8ft
- 2pcs lanyard x 4ft
Fold your 6 cords over the loop so that you now have 12 cords hanging off.
Utilizing one of many 4 ft. items of wire (as proven above) on prime of the 12 cords, make a loop and begin wrapping it tightly across the prime (pictured under). This may be wrapped to any size you need, simply be sure you do not shut the complete loop.
When you have a special coloration wire, you may also use it to make a coloration block in your flower pot.
Cross the remaining finish by way of the loop. Grasp the wire popping out of the highest and pull. The loop and twine from the underside might be pulled in, making it clear and tidy.
Lower off extra sagging.
Divide all of your threads into pairs to start out working in your macrame basket.
Measure how low the highest of the potted plant needs to be from the hook it’s at the moment hooked up to…
…the primary fundamental knots you make might be on the prime of the pot. Tie a sq. knot. All of the knots you’ll use on this simple craft are sq. knots – you may acknowledge them by how the two cords come out of the identical aspect on each the highest and backside.
Now you can begin your internet cart.
- Take the suitable wire from one wire bunch and the left wire from the subsequent band and tie them collectively in a knot about 3 inches down.
- Repeat till all teams are linked.
- Now repeat this step and you will notice a transparent form is fashioned.
Repeat step one of wrapping the two.4-foot wire to safe all of the wires collectively.
If you want, you may connect beads to the hanging threads. Attaching the rope is less complicated if you happen to add a bit tape to the tip of the wire, the place it will probably fray, after which thread the beads and tie your remaining knot!
Your completed Macrame Planter
Fastidiously place your plant inside and transfer the leaves between the cords so they do not bunch up. Cling it from a ceiling hook in an awesome place! I want extra knotted macrame plant hanging planters!
What’s the greatest rope for an outside macrame hanger?
With regards to making a macrame plant hanger, you want a string that’s sturdy sufficient to help the burden of the plant and never crumble, so a 4-6mm wire is ideal. You should utilize rope or jute for this undertaking.
If the planter goes to be hung open air the place rain and solar can have an effect on it, you may must take that into consideration as nicely. You don’t need a wire that can entice water and get moldy.
we use 6mm Bonnie Craft Cord which is nice for out of doors use. It is available in a 100-foot roll so you may make a number of plant holders which are good for giving as items to mates. I’ve made two plant holders for our entrance porch up to now and so they look nice.
6 mm wire cotton macrame thread – we used white (extra data under)
2 inch ring – we used a silver steel ring
Beads (elective) – we used wood macrame beads
Tape – we used clear tape
- If you’re making the identical size of macrame plant hanger we did, you will want to chop 6 cords 8 ft lengthy and a pair of cords 4 ft lengthy.
- Fold the 6 lengthy cords over the steel loop.
- Utilizing one of many 4 ft lengthy ropes, wrap the cords below the loop and safe with a loop beneath, after which reduce off the surplus size of this wrap wire.
- Divide the cables into pairs.
- Measure how low you need your planter basket to be, after which make your first knots between the 2 cords on the top you need the highest of your pot to take a seat on.
- Take the suitable wire from one group and the left wire from the adjoining group and tie a knot about 3 inches down.
- Repeat this sample till you’ve gotten a row of knots.
- Now repeat 3 inches under that… and so forth.
- While you’ve made the macrame basket deep sufficient, wrap the underside utilizing the opposite 4 ft of string and pin all of the strings collectively.
- Add the beads and reduce the underside.
- Cling it in your patio!
Extra Straightforward Crafts and Easy Venture Concepts to Strive on the Youngsters Actions Weblog
How did your macrame plant hanger end up? What coloration yarn did you employ?
#Macrame #Plant #Hanger #Straightforward